I've upgraded my blog to a fancy new website! To follow my cycling journey, check out my new website and read my new blog

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Rotorua Tour

The next weekend was the Rotorua Tour, another fun weekend which included 2 road races, a Time Trial and a Criterium.

Stage 1
This stage included a 60km road race. It was a relatively fast paced race with a few attacks, none being successful though. Was pretty much a full peleton sprinting for the line, I got boxed in with 300m to go, then did a bit of cross country over the grass and managed to push to the front to take the win.

Stage 2
This stage was a 10km Time Trial which started at the top of a relatively hard hill (about 1km long). Was very hard, going full gas for 10km and then crossing the line having used every last bit of energy. I got the fastest time at 13 minutes 39 with Ashleigh Neave a close 6 seconds behind.

Stage 3
Stage 3 included a 20 minute plus 3 lap criterium. It started off hard, with attack after attack. I got a few points throughout the race and then somebody hit my wheel with one lap to go which knocked my derailier and I got stuck in my hardest gear for the rest of the lap. Then coming around the last corner I was too far back and finished 4th.



Stage 4
The final stage included 5 laps of a 15km, relatively hilly circuit. This was a pretty negative race with no body pulling through. A group of about 5 of us did most of the pacing and attempted many attacks which people chased, then sat on. So getting away was pretty hard. We dropped about one third of the bunch and then Georgia Williams did an amazing sprint finish to win the stage, with me getting third.


Overall I won the tour by a close 13 seconds with Georgia Williams 2nd and Ashleigh Neave 3rd. Another fun and hard weekend of racing.


Untill next time =)

Courteney

No comments:

Post a Comment