I've upgraded my blog to a fancy new website! To follow my cycling journey, check out my new website and read my new blog

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Update!!

So I have been back in NZ for a good 5 months now.. And a lot has been happening!!
I finished uni for the year, so now supposed to be on 'holiday' but it feels like everything but.. Last month I raced in the k1 elite women race, which started in Whitianga and finished in Thames. The race started off pretty fast and we made a nice little break of about 6 over the first climb. When we got to the 'big' Whangapoa hill Theresa Adam and I road off the front and got a good gap on the rest of the break. With 200 meters to go my left leg completely blew and I almost was at a stand still.. I have been having a few issues with it lately but have been trying to ignore it, thinking the typical; It’ll be right, its just a little niggle. This time I woke up a bit and realised I really need to see what’s going on. Anyway, I managed to get over the hill, down the other side and then felt completely fine. Emma Crum caught me and we team time-trialled it until the next climb. I then broke away and road the rest of the race (about 50km) by myself, trying to chase down Theresa. Unfortunately she had gained too much time and was powering on ahead. I finished the race in 2nd, with Theresa showing she had some amazing form in 1st, and Emma 3rd.
The start line


The rest of the field had got caught by the guys bunch from the fun ride so they had to leave it to the sprint finish (which was a bit unfortunate for riders like Mel Burke who had ridden most of the race by herself and got caught close to the finish by the guys bunch, who had also dragged the other girls with them). Overall, it was not the most successful day on the bike but that's ok, time to get some problems fixed.


Thank gosh that is over!

I have recently been on a bit of a break, trying to get over this left leg issue. After seeing a few physios, doctors and chiropractors I think I may finally be getting to the bottom of it.. Now I just need to rest and recover (it's driving me crazy) I have never wanted to go and do hill efforts so much in my life!! Plans are under-way for next year and will update you on what's happening soon, it's going to be a big year! Before now and then, if all is going well, Ill give Tour De Vineyards and elite nationals a shot in January. Will keep you updated!

Its time to get my A into G and keep this site updated. Thanks for reading =)
Courteney

No comments:

Post a Comment